ARTAS versus Fut
Why use ARTAS versus the FUT?
There are quite a few reasons you would choose to use ARTAS over the FUT Hair Implants.
FUT- is Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT/Strip.)
The ARTAS Robotic Hair restoration system is a physician-assisted robotic device.
It preserves the natural look of your donor area with minimally-invasive harvesting. See the photo below of the difference.
FUT, Follicular Unit Transplantation, a long, thin sliver of tissue is removed from the donor area, usually in the back and sides of the scalp. The individual follicular units are then removed from that strip. The edges of the wound are then closed, leaving a linear scar.
More benefits of using the robotic device:
- A sophisticated camera system that analyzes hair 60 times per second.
- Robots don’t get tired, so it eliminates human fatigue associated with traditional transplants.
- Results in natural-looking site distribution of hair.
- Avoids damaging pre-existing healthy hair
- Consistent, reproducible results
- Faster recovery time.
- Permanent, natural results
When getting the FUT- you will need to take some time off to heal. There will be a linear scar. With ARTAS robotic hair restoration procedure, you can go back to work the next day. You are back at work and exercise quickly.