Over time, our skin tends to lose some of its natural radiance, glow, and smooth texture. This may be a result of imperfections, such as acne scarring or hyperpigmentation. It may also be a simple result of the natural aging process. Regardless, it can take a toll on your self-confidence, making you wish there was a way to reclaim that youthful luster.
One option to consider is microneedling, a minimally invasive procedure that can rejuvenate the skin and minimize some of those imperfections. Microneedling can be incredibly effective, either on its own or in conjunction with other treatments. We’re happy to provide a range of microneedling options and facials in Charlotte, NC or facials in Lincolnton, NC to our patients at our Huntersville, NC, and Lincolnton, NC Med Spa offices.
What is Microneedling and How Does it Work?
First things first: What is microneedling, anyway?
When you have microneedling Charlotte NC performed, it involves countless tiny “micro-injuries” being made in your skin, using small, sterile needles. (Don’t worry: A topical anesthesia is applied first, ensuring you don’t actually feel any pain.) These tiny injuries stimulate the body’s natural healing processes, specifically boosting your natural production of collagen and elastin. The result is that your skin is rejuvenated from the inside out.
What Conditions Can Be Treated with Microneedling?
Microneedling, and especially Radio Frequency Microneedling with Morpheus8, can be a good option for anyone who wants to revitalize their skin in a non-invasive way. By unlocking your body’s natural supply of collagen and elastin, microneedling allows you to enjoy a healthy, natural glow.
Some of the specific conditions that can be addressed via microneedling include:
- A dull tone or “low glow”
- Acne, or the presence of deep acne scarring
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Unevenness in your skin texture
- Large pores
- Minor issues with skin laxity
- Stretch marks
- Age spots
- Sun damage
- Pigmentation issues
If you are experiencing any of these concerns, contact Carolina Age Management Institute (CAMI) to schedule a microneedling or dermatology Lincolnton NC consultation.
What Does the Microneedling Process Include?
If you have never had a microneedling procedure before, you may have some questions about exactly what it entails. Here are some general guidelines:
- The length of the procedure can vary from patient to patient, but you can expect the appointment to last between 30 minutes and an hour.
- A topical numbing cream will be used to ensure your comfort. Microneedling is performed with a medical-grade needling device that is sterile, safe, and efficient.
- There is no recovery time required following microneedling, though you will be provided with some instructions on how to care for your skin.
Am I a Good Candidate for Microneedling?
Let's Talk About Your Aesthetic Concerns. Why Wait Any Longer?
One of the great things about microneedling is that it works well for patients of all skin types. This makes it an especially useful option for patients who have darker complexions, and who may not have as much luck finding laser treatments that suit their skin.
While microneedling can be used to address a wide range of skin problems, it’s not a good pick for significant sagging, jowling, or other problems stemming from major skin laxity. For these concerns, your provider can recommend an alternative treatment option.
What are My Options for Enhancing Microneedling Results?
Many patients get the results they desire from “plain” microneedling, but there are other treatments you can add-on to your procedure to heighten the benefits. Some examples include:
- You can combine your microneedling facial with platelet-rich plasma (PRP), also known as PRP facial Charlotte NC, which harnesses your body’s natural growth hormones to expedite the healing process, minimize discomfort, and provide even better results.
- For even better skin penetrating and resurfacing results, we highly recommend adding a dermaplane faical to any microneedling treatment to remove dead skin cells and peach fuzz first.
- We also recommend that patients consider BB Glow serum, which functions as a semi-permanent foundation, helping enhance your natural glow. BB Glow serum works especially well when paired with a procedure such as microneedling.
- We also welcome you to inquire about the “CAMI Cocktail,” a special treatment we offer that combines microneedling with PRP and Botox.
Questions About Microneedling? Contact CAMI Med Spa
If you’ve been looking for a non-surgical option for rejuvenating your skin, microneedling may be just the thing. We’re proud to provide microneedling options to our patients in the Charlotte and Huntersville areas.
If you’re ready to learn more about what these treatments entail, or you have questions about whether microneedling is right for you, we welcome you to schedule a consultation appointment. Contact us at your next opportunity.