The Jan Marini Transform peel is our newest chemical peel that we offer at Carolina Age Management. This chemical peel is great for the fall to get your skin holiday ready. The transform peel utilizes a high concentration of multiple acids to lift the appearance of pigment and aggressively surface the skin. The Transform peel is safe for all skin types like normal, acne prone, dry, sensitive, and oily. This peel is a mixture of retinol, peptides, and antioxidants to get your skin glowing.
What are the key ingredients in the Transform Peel?
- Lactic acid – This is the most popular AHA’s (alpha hydroxy acid) in skin care today. It helps reduce acne breakouts and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Salicylic acid – This is a peeling agent that causes shedding of the outer layer of skin. This is also a good treatment for acne.
- Resorcinol – This is a peeling agent and also helps with fine lines and wrinkles and brightening the skin.
How many treatments are recommended for the Jan Marini Transform Peel?
- The chemical peel is best in a series of three treatments every 4-6 weeks for optimal results. It is recommended to start a pre-treat skincare regimen two weeks prior to getting the chemical peel. This kit helps prepare and get your skin healthy for the peel. The kit includes a Bioglycolic facial cleanser, C-esta serum, Bioclear lotion, Transformation face cream, and an Antioxidant daily face protectant SPF 33.
What is the downtime for the Transform Peel?
- Downtime for the chemical peel is about 5-7 days. This means that you will have a few days of peeling of dead skin. The peel is applied and you will feel a little tingling sensation for about 10 mins then it will return back to normal. This is a step by step process of how your skin will be during the 5 days of downtime.
- Day 1 – mild erythema/redness with a little tightness
- Day 2 – mild to moderate erythema/redness and peeling starts to chin.
- Day 3 – mild redness and peeling is to around mouth and starting into cheeks.
- Day 4 – peeling is to cheeks and forehead.
- Day 5 & 6 – mild peeling to around hairline.
- Day 7 – back to normal maybe a few dry spots.