Utilizing Fillers for Anti-Aging
Have you heard about utilizing fillers for anti-aging effects? Everyone wants to look their best, but for many surgery is not an option. Using fillers as part of your anti-aging regimen can take years off your face without the need for excessive downtime or recovery. There are a wide variety of injectable fillers on the market today. At Carolina Age Management Institute, we offer many of these solutions to patients in the Charlotte Metro and Lake Norman areas.
• Botox® – One of the best-known injectable fillers on the market, Botox®, mainly targets lines and wrinkles around the forehead and eyes, including crow’s feet. Botox® works by injecting a protein into the muscles, easing tension and reducing wrinkles. For this reason, Botox® is also a useful treatment for migraines and TMJ.
• Kybella®- Kybella® is the only prescription injectable approved by the FDA for the treatment of a “double chin.” Injected just under the skin, Kybella® works to break up fat to create a well-defined jaw line and a longer, leaner neck.
• JUVÉDERM®- If you are looking to restore facial volume for a smoother, more youthful appearance, JUVÉDERM® could be right for you. JUVÉDERM® fights aging by using hyaluronic acid to plump up areas of the face that may have diminished over time. JUVÉDERM® treatments are often concentrated on the cheeks, lips, and nasolabial folds, decreasing lines and wrinkles and reducing the appearance of imperfections.
• Dysport®- Focusing mainly on frown lines between the eyebrows, Dysport® smooths the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows without creating a “frozen” look.
• JUVÉDERM Voluma®- If you feel your face has begun to take on a sunken or hollow appearance, JUVÉDERM Voluma® could be the answer. JUVÉDERM Voluma® contains hyaluronic acid, which our bodies make less of as we age. JUVÉDERM Voluma® not only returns volume to your face but also contributes to a moist, radiant complexion.
• Fat Transfer and Injections – Fat transfer and injections is the process of taking fat from one part of the body and injecting it into another with the goal of restoring volume. Most often, the fat is taken from an area of the body where it is undesirable (stomach or back), and is injected anywhere that needs a little plumping. With this procedure, there is no risk of allergic reaction as the fat is taken from the patient’s body.
• Restylane® – Restylane® is a line of facial injection products that reduces moderate to severe wrinkles and folds by restoring volume to the face. By plumping certain areas of the face, Restylane® reduces the appearance of folds and imperfections. Restylane® is especially successful in the treatment of nasolabial folds.
• JUVÉDERM® Vollure™ – Vollure™ is a filler from the JUVÉDERM® family of injectables. It contains hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the skin that helps our faces maintain their youthful appearance. Vollure™ is particularly well suited to treat moderate to severe wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds and laugh lines.
If you are considering facial injections we would recommend the next step of scheduling a consultation with Dr. Giordano about your unique needs. Whether you are looking to smooth wrinkles or restore facial volume, we likely have a solution that works for you. Contact us to schedule a consultation today.