Best skincare avoids sunburn
Best skincare specialists say that sunburn is the term for red, sometimes swollen, and painful skin caused by overexposure to ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun. Sunburn can vary from mild to severe.
The extent depends on skin type and amount of exposure to the sun. Sunburn is a serious risk factor for skin cancer.
Because of variations in the intensity of UV radiation passing through the atmosphere, the risk of sunburn increases as you approach the equator. The higher the latitude, the lower the intensity of the UV rays.
On a minute-by-minute basis, the amount of UV radiation is dependent on the angle of the sun. The greatest risk is at solar noon when the sun is directly above you.
Fast facts on sunburn
Here are some key points about sunburn. More detail and supporting information are in the main subject of this article.
- Sunburn is caused by ultraviolet light from the sun.
- In some cases, sunburn can cause the skin to blister.
- Sunburn can be soothed by home remedies.
- Avoiding sunburn in the first place is better than having to treat its effects.
Treatments for sunburn
Skincare experts say that it is important to start treatment for sunburn as soon as possible. Sunburn can lead to permanent skin damage and increase the risk of skin cancer. The following are some simple ways to ease the discomfort of sunburn; however, it important to bear in mind that the best way to relieve suffering is to avoid being sunburned in the first place:
- Hydrocortisone cream – may also help reduce inflammation and itching.
- Rehydrate – drink water to help rehydrate the skin.
- Don’t break small blisters – allow them to run their course. If one breaks, clean it with mild soap and water.
- Peeling skin – do not pick, and continue to apply moisturizer.
- Cool the skin – apply a damp cloth or towel, or take a cool bath.
- Apply moisturizer – for instance, aloe vera gel.
- Stay out of the sun – avoid making the burn worse by exposing it to more UV.
A mild sunburn does not normally require a visit to the doctor. However, if there are severe symptoms, it is important to seek medical attention.
Best skincare clinic in North Charlotte
Are you suffering from sunburn and wonder what to do? Or have you been using a sunburn cream with zero effectiveness? Let’s help you say goodbye to your sunburn issue. Carolina Age Management Institute, CAMI is Huntersville and North Charlotte’s Top Medical Spa, where medical director Dr Stephen Giordano focuses on providing excellent care through amazing cosmetic treatments and high-quality customer care.