Acne Scarring in Charlotte, NC
Acne scarring is a lingering effect of acne issues. If you live in Charlotte and Huntersville, NC, or the surrounding areas, Carolina Age Management Institute offers a range of treatments performed by medical director Dr. Stephen Giordano to treat acne scarring.
What are Acne Scars?
Acne scars develop on the skin after damage has been done to the dermis or outer layer, which is usually caused by blemishes. When damage to the dermis occurs, the body creates collagen to fix the damage. Though the body is good at healing damage without leaving evidence, prolonged or severe damage causes the body to produce too much or too little collagen. Severe acne can cause this excess or lack of college leaving scars behind.
Acne scars can range from mild to severe. There are five common types of acne scars that we treat at Carolina Age Management.
- Boxcar Acne Scars – Boxcar acne scars are similar to chicken pox scars. They have sharp edges that resemble a box and create an indentation in the skin. They are most often found on the cheeks or temples.
- Rolling Acne Scars – Rolling acne scars resemble a wave, and create an indentation in the skin. They are wide and shallow.
- Hypertonic Acne Scars – Hypertrophic acne scars create a raised area on the skin and do not extend beyond the boundary of the original wound. Unlike most acne scars, hypertonic scars can diminish in size and appearance over time.
- Ice Pick Acne Scars – Ice pick acne scars are the most common. They are narrow and form mini pits in the skin.
- Keloid Acne Scars – Keloid acne scars create a raised area on the skin that extends beyond the boundary of the original wound and can often grow larger over time.
How are Acne Scars Treated?
We offer a number of procedures to help reduce the effects of acne scarring.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing (using the ProFractional™ Sciton Laser)
- PRP Therapy
- Dermal illers
- TCA Chemical Peels
How Much Does Acne Scarring Treatment Cost in Charlotte, NC?
The cost of acne scarring treatment depends on the type of treatment and the size of the area being treated. We go over the cost of your customized treatment plan in addition to payment and financing options during your consultation. We accept cash, check, and credit cards in addition to offering financing through CareCredit®.
Acne Scarring Consultation
If you are interested in treating your acne scarring, we recommend you schedule a consultation with Dr. Giordano to allow him to evaluate your skin and determine the right treatment option for your skin.
At Carolina Age Management Institute, Dr. Stephen Giordano offers a variety of procedures to residents of Charlotte or Huntersville, NC, and surrounding areas. Do not hesitate to contact us to set up your consultation and start treating your acne scars.